Memories of Evelyn Miller

This blog is dedicated to the memory of our granddaughter, Evelyn Celeste Miller. Evey went missing July 1st and her body was recovered July 6th from the Cedar River near Floyd, Iowa. This venue will help celebrate the wonder that she was and also post up-to-date information on the wait for justice. If you have any information about the crime please contact the Floyd County Sheriff's Office at 1-641-228-1821 or e-mail me directly.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Evey - Our Own Angel

This quote from Evey's Legacy site touched us deeply this morning. Thank you Cassey for allowing us to share it.
"I know it has been a while, but Evelyn is on my mind a lot and I just wanted to offer my condolences to the family. I also want to use this to share a story about Evelyn. I used to work with her Kindergarten class, and she was the sweetest little girl I have ever met. Her smile could melt your heart. I remember one day, she and I were reading a story with a few other kids. The book was about this Caterpillar and his journey to become a butterfly. One of the kids asked me: "Why does he want to be a butterfly?" I said: "Because butterflies are beautiful." It was then that Evelyn chimed in and said: "Then why doesn't he want to be an angel? Angels are prettier and they fly higher!"

Thank you for making me smile, Evelyn. I know that you are a beautiful angel. Keep on flying!"
Cassey Shindelar (Charles City, IA )